Roll-A-Way Solar Screen Sun Shades Houston Installer
Part of the charm of Texas living is enjoying the beautiful weather. Spend more time outside, beat the heat and use your patio year-round with roll-up solar shades.
Roll-up shades have the sun blocking power of solar screens and are versatile, adjustable and easy to use. Instead of permanently enclosing outdoor areas, sunshades make it possible to enjoy the welcoming Houston sunshine in the cooler morning and evening hours while blocking up to 90% of the heat generated by direct afternoon sun. Why spend sunny days indoors?
Entertain outside whenever it’s convenient. Solar shades allow soft, natural light to filter through, block harmful UV rays and eliminate glare from tabletops and other reflective surfaces. Keep your patio comfortably cool without sacrificing your view. Sunshades enhance privacy without diminishing visibility from the inside out.
Zipper Track System
Roll-A-Way Shades in Houston can be installed on any of the following:
Our Phifer Sheerweave® and Phifer SunTex® fabric blocks the sun while offering great outward visibility. With our extensive line of fabrics we are sure to enhance the aesthetics of your home, office, patio, or sun room while also reducing glare as well as energy cost.
- For interior and exterior use
- Great for both commercial and residential use
- Clutch and bracket system allows for easy installation and operation of the manual shades
- All come with a manufacturer’s warranty
- Hundreds of fabric styles and colors for interior and exterior applications
- Shades can be printed on, for commercial use and company logos
Zipper Track System
Originally developed for the bullet trains in Japan, the ZIP tracking system is a proven method of locking a vast array of fabrics into the side track. Like bullet train shades, it is necessary for exterior shades for homes and businesses to be as stable as possible, minimizing excessive movement of the fabric due to wind and outdoor elements.
This system is now available to the Americas exclusively through Arquati. Use it in conjunction with our SCREENLIGHT shading systems to create the most innovative solution for solar heat, noise, and insect intrusion control. Even with excessive pressure directly applied to the fabric, it remains tightly locked into the side tracks for superior fabric stability. The shock absorbers placed between the PVC channel and the inside edge of the aluminum track keep most of the tension off of the zipper and maintain the bottom bar level. Inside or outside mounted, Screenlight w/SHY ZIP is easily installed onto most surfaces.
Ideal applications include: Fabric securely fastened into side tracks - even with excessive pressure Bullet train in Japan with SHY Zip screens PVC track with shock absorbers Idler end assembly
- Windows (interior or exterior)
- Screen room enclosures
- Garage door openings
- Patio Covers
- Black-out screens
- Outdoor restaurant dining enclosures
- Outdoor smoking area enclosures
- Residential & commercial verandas
- Manual, motorized or crank operation Convenient one step operation regardless of shade size
- Maintenance free clutch system Easy installation, no expensive adjustments required
- Lightweight fiberglass core Reduced pull force, excellent stability, inherent fire-resistance
- Polyester-core material yarns Excellent value, competitively-priced, contemporary colors
- Wide range of openness capabilities Excellent light and glare control
- Heat-sealed enclosed hem pocket Superb styling
- Exposed aluminum hem bar Decorative styling
- Vinyl interconnect welded to fabric to attach fabric to tube Allows for easy removal or replacement of materials-press-fit design
- Full range of systems options Ceiling closures, fascias, pocket exposures, side and sill channel
- State-of-the-art motorized control systems Operate shades with maximum energy, efficiency and flexibility
The Manual Shade (Tech Shade)
- 3 sizes of clutch mechanisms for all window sizes and use
- Lift assist available on R16, R24, & Galaxy
- New geared clutch lifts 30 lbs. with 6 lbs. pull force
- Non-slip mechanism never needs adjustment
- Chain-driven – steel standard (optional – plastic)
- Left & right control
Inside & outside mounting
- Without fascia standard (optional 3″ or 4″ fascia)
- Hembar heat welded into hem pocket on 3 sides
- Vinyl fabric to tube interconnect
- Wall, ceiling or side-mount brackets